Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Well I did it. I gathered up the courage to send my novella out to its first potential publisher. A somewhat popular place called Dark Regions Press. Really, it's the best place at the moment I can find that accepts unsolicited submissions (which they most recently opened to). They provide an advance and decent royalties. The only thing that turned me off initially was their use of crowdfunding and a Kickstarter campaign. While I have no problem with Kickstarter, I am nervous about having to produce a short video. For many reasons. I don't like to appear in public. It may cost money (which I have absolutely none of) to make a video. And I don't even know how to make a video. In the tone of Bones: "I'm a writer not a cinematographer!"


Oooooh, in other news I just ordered the complete set of Monty Python's Flying Circus! Can't wait until it arrives. And Graham Chapman's autobiography for some inspiration.


Even horror enthusiasts need a good comedy every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment