Thursday, March 6, 2014

Goings-On

Since I have officially completed my very first novella (yeah, it didn't quite get to novel status, but what's done is done) and have also had my first paid acceptance for a short story (in a publication called The Literary Hatchet .), I felt compelled to post again since I feel I little more professional (hah).


Unfortunately, what folks say about post novel depression is quite too. I had found myself not knowing what to do. I started working on some short stories I had put aside. Started the new novel I had been eager to start for over a year. Yet, it all leads me back to the novella. It's like ending a relationship, really. The fun stuff is over with it and now it's marketing time. So, if anyone knows where I can professionally (or at least semi-professionally) publish an unagented novella, please let me know. I am not interested in self-publishing. My poor POD chapbook never earned me much money. I couldn't afford to buy my own copies to promote myself. Royalties are crap. And I basically got no royalties at all because the e-book was so cheap it only paid me a penny here and there.


This first book has been a part of my life even before it was even a book. Just an idea. An imagining. I was young and not even really writing yet. It's been through many changes. The characters, especially the title character, is so real to me. Maybe it's not the best story in the world, but I want to see the book taken care of properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment