Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Horror Zine and other ramblings

The Horror Zine has recently released its first print issue and features poems of mine that were in a recent online issue.


So, anyway, I am terrible at blogging, I've come to realize. Okay. Maybe not terrible, but I don't like doing it. It's easy to post links and say "here you go, read this". I don't feel comfortable telling strangers the details of my private life. I can barely write about...writing.


Of course, I've been juggling a lot. The novel. Poems. Short story. Article. And it all seems a struggle. I've tried setting a goal with the novel of 1000 words a day and most days I can't seem to even get to a quarter of that goal. I'm tired of not having a desk, of my back hurting after a half hour of sitting on the floor, hunched over the coffee table (I write longhand). That's the truth. I don't blame this fully for my lack of goal achievement, but it's a factor. Too many distractions. Not knowing where to go next with the story. Stressing about the day. It's all there....See, this is why I don't like to blog...


I worked more on my Graham Chapman article tonight. See, the problem I have with this one is, everytime I work on it I wish it can be longer, that I can write a book on it. But how do you write a book on someone you never met and died when you were a kid? How do you write a book on someone that's been written about before? I mean, there's no fresh info. He's not going to talk to me from the Great Beyond and tell me secrets never told. I have too much info for an article, yet not nearly enough for a book. So there. But I've found it's something I ever-increasingly enjoy writing about. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment